The Staging Environment of WebWox is a replica of the Live environment.
This SharePoint Installation includes a Server Farm of 5 servers + and IIS server as follows;
- IIS-Stage-WFE01 – Hosts the HomePage
- SP-Stage-APP01 – Runs Excel Services
- SP-Stage-Search01 – Runs Office Search Services
- SP-Stage-WFE01 – Hosts the Central Administration
- SP-Stage-WFECr01 – Acts as a Front End Web Crawler
- SP-Stage-SQL01 – Hosts the Staging Database
webwox-stage.webwox.com and mysites.webwox.com are subdomains used to hosting the Web Applications and Site Collections. These 2 are SSL enabled and obtains the SSL certificate from the domain controller
The following steps were implemented;
- Perform a backup job of the entire farm – to \srv-pencil\serverbackups$\stage.
- Ensure that the backup is successful (Incomplete backup cannot be used)
- Disconnect from farm SP-Stage-APP01, SP-Stage-WFECr01, SP-Stage-Search01.
- Uninstall SharePoint from all servers that have been disconnected from the farm.
- Reinstall SharePoint on all the servers that have been disconnected from the farm
- Run Configuration Wizard on WFECr01 setup a new farm – WXSPConfig
Connect Search01, APP01 for the new farm
- Assign Services to these servers. – Office Search Server and Windows Search setup on SEARCH01 using (WSS_Search_SPSTSCH) as DB
- Point webwox-stage & mysites to WFECr01. Add the xxx.16.xxx.163 to WFECr01.
- Run restore job to restore the backup taken from WFE01.
- Select New Configuration
Databases used for restore;
- Ensure that restore was successful
- Setup SSL on the Websites mysites-stage and magellan2-stage by assigning a new SSL certificate using the DNS names webwox-stage.webwoxd.com & mysites-stage.webwox.com
- Perform tests to ensure staging environment is functional
- Perform the upgrade to SP1 by installing all the files on the servers APP01, Search01, WFECr01 following the Microsoft Documentation on upgrading MOSS 2007 to SP1.
- Perform Testing after the farm has been upgraded.
- Turn on the Firewall on all servers and click Office Web Servers, Secure HTTPS and HTTP access. Add Secure MySite Connection 8083. Allow this traffic
- After SP1
Go to search setting from the SSP, click Crawl Rules and Apply new Crawl Rule to https://mysite-stage.webwox.com and uncheck
"Follow links on the URL without crawling the URL itself".