Thursday

Search Error "Element not Found"

Hi All,
I was looking at one of my test environment today and I found this error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002802B (TYPE_E_ELEMENTNOTFOUND))
And also the site it self http://webserver:418 was not crawled or the crawl log under Hostname Summary... Http://webserver:418 (successfully crawled = 0). That didnt look good!.

So I did a search for similar issues online and came across this solution. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointsearch/thread/6b204093-4e30-4e6a-b829-1bbede2602a1/ which I applied and it worked.

So my steps were;
1. Go to the IIS Manager check the account under which the sharepoint central admin appool is running (say it is running under com\user1)
2.go to administrative tools -->component services--> drill down to DCOM config
3.Osearch and spsearch properties -->identity--> this user put (com\user1) account there

4. Then perform Full/Incremental crawl on the sites. Voila it worked!

No comments: