Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Event Category: Database
Event ID: 5214
Computer: [SERVER NAME]
Insufficient SQL database permissions for user '[ACCOUNTNAME]' in database 'SharePoint_AdminContent_[DATABASE GUID]' on SQL Server instance [DATABASE SERVER]. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.
The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'UserData', database 'SharePoint_AdminContent_[DATABASE GUID]', schema 'dbo'.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Solution can be found at;
In this case I solved it by following;
To ensure that this account has correct permission in SQL Server
- Connect to the computer running SQL Server by using an account with administrator permissions.
- In SQL Server Management Studio, open the Security node, and then open the Logins node. You should see the account listed as a SQL Login.
- If the account is there, then open the database node, open the Security node under the database, and then open the Roles node.
- Open the Database Roles node and double-click the db_owner role to open its properties.
- In the Database Roles Properties dialog box, under Members of this role, you should see the database access account. If the account is not there, add it by clicking Add.